Sunday, February 19, 2012

DIY: Just A Tab.

All photography by Natalya Jean.

One chilly night in October, Sam and I were hanging out at a local pizza place and people-watching over our pizza, when we spotted a girl with a Coca Cola cap necklace. It was extremely cute and whimsical, which lead us to create our own version of her necklace. Hence, the Tab Necklace. I've gotten several compliments every time I wear it and I thought I'd share this simple design with you.
Steps:
  1. Find a chain, preferably not a chunky one as the tabs have to be able to slide onto the necklace. You decide as to the length, depending on how many tabs you want to include on your necklace and where you want it to hang on your body.
  2. Collect tabs. You can stick to the classic silver ones or deviate into the colorful, designed tabs to create your own unique necklace. One of the qualities I love about this necklace is definitely its one-of-a-kind feel. Sam and I spent a couple of weeks finding all of the tabs we wanted for a necklace, so don't worry if it's an ongoing project.
  3. Slide the tabs onto the chain using the holes. Continue stringing until you like the way your necklace looks. Close chain and tah-dah! You have your very own Tab Necklace!
If you don't know who Sam is, check her out here: http://www.nerdysam.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment